Thursday, June 7, 2007

technical error

I haven't been able to post a blog in quite some time--blogger decided that it likes me screen name/password combination tonight. So...horray.

Tuesday was my work-day of my undergrad experience. Graduation is day after tomorrow...a little mindblowing. Sometimes it doesn't feel like it's been three years since I was dropped off down here in the hills--sometimes it does. It's had it's interesting (and not so interesting) times, lots of work and procrastination, oh and fun, I had some of that too. It's easy to get disenchanted and wonder if I had the "college experience". Did I join the right clubs? Did I meet enough people? Have I learned something? Am I better person? Did I take full advantage of this time in my life where I have so much freedom and minimal responsibility?

In reflection of my time here I want to share some of the experiences that I have had in my three years:

-Taking a chance and meeting JJ, one of the best friends I've ever had.
-Getting paired with a random roommate, Lana, who turned out to be a great friend and partner in silly crime, and my roommate for the entire three years here.
-Truely, absolutely, hardcore failed biology.
-Declared my major as English--direct result of failing biology. Never looked back.
-Met friends who I plan to keep in contact with, and fully enjoyed the company of people I won't ever see again.
-Decided to learn German.
-Studied abroad (took my first transatlantic flight [alone], lived in a different country, traveled on trains, discovered my love for photography, and collected so many memories I could never rehash them all...retelling cannot do that experience justice)
-Took a quarter with 4 literature course (400+ pages of readying per night, became a hermit, nearly went crazy, and it was one of the most fulfilling, engaging 3 months of my life)
-Gained confidence in myself as a person and my ability to DO something (cliche as it may sound, I've changed a lot in these three years. It really was a chance to reinvent myself. But maybe "reinvent" in the wrong word because, I didn't change myself...I just let myself be. I'm not the shy, self-conscious girl trying to hide in the background. I'm happy in the background or the foreground...as long as it's me.)

Thank you Athens.


Now, I'm fairly positive that this will not interest 99% of my readers enough to read this all the way through--but--this was my final paper that I turned in. It's my blog and I'll bore if I want too.

[edit: essay to be added]






Posted by nabero @ 9:55 PM

quotable...

"You have to choose the places you don't walk away from"
-Joan Didion

Reading...

Listening...