Monday, June 18, 2007

summer reading

So, graduation has come and gone, and I'm nestled once again in central Ohio. Now I'm exploring. I just started preparing for the GRE and have been pulling some things for reading this summer. I need to be ready for the jeopardy game that is the Literature in English GRE...but also I want to read for fun again. It's refreshing really...

Since I'm plucking my way through the Columbus Metropolitan Library system, I'll share some of my favorite findings (Lucky you'uns)

My pick today is from 95 poems, E.E Cummings, published in 1958:

8

dominic has

a doll wired
to the radiator of his
ZOOM DOOM

icecoalwood truck a

wistful little
clown
whom somebody buried

upsidedown in an ashbarrel so

of course dominic
took him
home

& mrs dominic washed his sweet

dirty
face & mended
his bright torn trousers (quite

as if he were really her &

she
but)&so
that

's how dominic has a doll

& every now & then my
wonderful
friend dominic depaola

gives me a most tremendous hug

knowing
i feel
that

we & worlds

are
less alive
than dolls &

dream


Posted by nabero @ 12:26 PM

quotable...

"You have to choose the places you don't walk away from"
-Joan Didion

Reading...

Listening...